3/4 cup Tequila
1 ea. Instapot Pork Shoulder (recipe below)
2 ea. Avocados
3 ea. 1 Lime, juiced, remaining cut into segments.
1 ea. Creamy Cilantro Dressing (recipe below)
2 bunch Boston bibb lettuce, (leaves removed and cleaned)
1 bunch Scallions (chopped)
1 cup Crispy Wonton Strips
To taste Salt & pepper
In a pan on medium heat, warm the shredded pork shoulder, covered for 5 minutes or until hot.
Peel and chop avocados and dress with lime juice, then season with salt and pepper
Serve the remaining accouterments on the side for your guests to build their own wraps.
1/2 cup Tequila
4 lbs Pork Shoulder
1 Tbsp Vegetable Oil
1 ea Onion, chopped
6 ea Garlic Cloves, minced
1 Tbsp Salt
1 tsp freshly ground pepper
2 cups Chicken Stock
1. Cut the pork shoulder into 4 large pieces.
2. Preheat the oven to 300°F.
3. Place a dutch oven on the stove top on medium heat.
4. Add oil and pork to the dutch oven. Cook the pieces for about 10 minutes or
until brown on all sides.
5. Add the tequila, onions, garlic clove, chicken stock, and salt pepper to the dutch oven and cover with a lid.
6. Place in the pre-heated oven and cook for 3-4 hours or until fork tender.
7. Remove the pork pieces, place in a bowl and strain the sauce.
8. Using 2 forks, shred the meat.
9. Return the shredded meat and the sauce to the dutch oven. Over medium heat,
place on the stovetop cook for 5 minutes or until the liquid has settled into the
meat and it’s a nice juicy mixture. Serve immediately or rewarm when you’re
ready to enjoy!
Cilantro, Lime and Tequila Dressing
1.5 oz Tequila
1/2 cup Cilantro, leaves removed and chopped
6 Ea Scallions, chopped
1 tbsp Lime juice
1 Tbsp Hot sauce
1/2 cup Mayonnaise
1/2 cup Sour cream
To taste Salt
In a bowl, combine the tequila, cilantro, scallions, lime juice, and hot sauce.
Pulse until it all comes together.
Add the mayonnaise and sour cream, then whisk until smooth.
Season to taste.
If you choose to drink alcohol, Maine Spirits asks that you drink responsibly.
If you think you have a drinking problem, you should seek professional help.Learn More