Rum Chocolate Bombs with Brazil Nuts
Mix It Yourself
These rum chocolate bombs are perfect with afternoon coffee or an after dinner treat with friends. Servings 8-10. Prep time 30 mins. Cook time 10 mins.
8 oz dark chocolate
1/4 cup rum
1/2 cup heavy cream, room temp
Brazil nuts, chopped
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1. Create a double boiler: Heat 3 cups of water in a medium sauce pan. Place a larger glass bowl on the saucepan, resting above the water, and be sure no water can get into the glass bowl.
2. Add dark chocolate and rum to the glass bowl. Stir occasionally as it melts.
3. Add heavy cream, continue to let melt and stir. It will thicken and start turning from liquid to semi-solid.
4. Once fully blended together, remove from heat and set in fridge for about 30 minutes.
5. In the meantime, spread the cocoa on a flat dish (or plate) and the chopped brazil nuts in a separate dish.
6. After 30 minutes, remove rum chocolate mixture from fridge.
7. Use a small ice cream scooper to scoop out the chocolates into equal size 1/2 inch size balls. Roll with hands.
8. Dip the chocolate ball into the cocoa powder, then the chopped nuts and set aside.