Serves 4, 1 hr 15 minutes
2 Red Beets, washed, cut in half
2 Yellow/Golden Beets, washed, cut in half
1 Orange, zested, then peeled and segmented
1 Meyer Lemon, zested, then peeled and segmented
½ c. Toasted Walnut Pieces
1 container Creme Fraiche
2 tbs. Vodka (citrus flavored would be nice)
2 tbs. Olive Oil
Cracked Peppercorn - pink preferred
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Place beets atop a sheet of foil with the sides curved up to prevent any spillage while you prep them. Sprinkle beets with olive oil and salt. Then wrap the foil up tightly around the beets and seal the packet closed. Roast for 1 hour, or until soft.
- In the meantime, segment the citrus, making sure to remove the white pith from the flesh of the fruit. Then, cut the meyer lemon into thirds, ensuring all this delicious fruit is spread throughout the whole dish!
- In a small bowl, mix the creme fraiche with the orange zest, Meyer lemon zest, and vodka. Mix well with a fork.
- Once the beets are cooked through, slice them thinly lengthwise. Try not to mix the colors until plated, as the red will bleed into the yellow beet color. On a plate, add some arugula (if using), place the beets down in a circular pattern. Add the citrus segments and creme fraiche all around the plate and top with walnuts. Finish with sprinkled salt and cracked peppercorn.
- This can be served warm, room temp, or cold. Enjoy!
If you choose to drink alcohol, Maine Spirits asks that you drink responsibly.
If you think you have a drinking problem, you should seek professional help.Learn More