Vodka-based drinks are a great option if you're counting carbs or calories. With 0 grams of carbs and <100 calories in a 1.5 oz shot of vodka, you can enjoy a few vodka-based cocktails without throwing off your calorie count for the week.
Vodka sodas are light, but often lacking in flavor, so we've put together some great recipe ideas that don't lack for taste. By using big squeezes of citrus juices and sprigs of fresh herbs, you can add a lot of flavor to a drink without significantly increasing its calorie profile.
- Try adding fresh mint, basil, cilantro or thyme to a vodka and club soda.
- Flavored soda waters can be a big help-try mandarin Poland Spring, passionfruit La Croix or black cherry Polar with your favorite vodka.
- Infused vodkas, like Ketel One Botanicals, Deep Eddy and Stoli Crushed are still low calorie, but the infusions of fruits and herbs impart lots of flavor.
- When it comes to mixers, keep them light. Low sugar juices like freshly squeezed orange, grapefruit, tomato, carrot and green juices add vitamins and taste.
- Spice can make your cocktail extra nice - try a slice of fresh ginger or jalapeno to mix it up!
Light Cocktail Recipes
2 oz Deep Eddy Cranberry Vodka
1 oz White Grapefruit Juice
2 oz Club Soda
2 oz Deep Eddy Orange Vodka
3 oz Sparkling Water
2 oz. vodka
1 oz. lime juice
.5 oz. simple syrup
2-3 cucumber slices
1.5 oz Reyka Vodka
1.5 oz Apple Juice
1 oz Carrot Juice
0.5 oz Celery Juice
1.5 oz Tito’s Handmade Vodka
6 - 10 Mint Leaves
0.75 oz Simple Syrup
0.75 oz Fresh Lime Juice
Ketel One Peach & Orange Blossom & Soda
1.5oz Ketel One Botanical Peach & Orange Blossom
3oz Soda Water
1 1/2 parts Hangar 1 Rose Vodka
2 parts Club Soda
1 part Sparkling Wine
Low Calorie Spirits
STOLI CRUSH PINEAPPLE750ML 60 Proof Vodka
KETEL ONE PEACH ORANG750ML 60 Proof Vodka
DEEP EDDY CRANBERRY750ML 70 Proof Vodka
SKINNYGIRL TANGERINE750ML 60 Proof Vodka