It is surprisingly easy to make these delicious treats for your sweetheart, and you can customize them with your love's favorite spirit. Using condensed milk and chocolate milk makes these affordable, and you can tweak the recipe by swapping other liqueurs to your taste, or by coating with different nuts, sugars or sprinkles.
1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
3 cups good quality chocolate chips
2-3 tablespoons of your favorite spirit (bourbon, Chambord, Grand Marnier or Mossy Ledge Cordials like Amaretto and Cherry all work well here!)
1/2 to 3/4 cup finely chopped pistachios or pecans
1/2 cup granulated sugar (or unsweetened cocoa, or very finely chopped pistachios or pecans)
- Melt chocolate chips and sweetened condensed milk over low heat, stir constantly until melted and smooth.
- Turn off the heat add the spirit of your choice and the 1/2 to 3/4 cup of chopped nuts.
- Chill for 4 hours or until the mixture is set and easy to scoop.
- Using your hands or a very small ice cream scoop or melon baller shape the mix into 1-inch balls.
- Roll in your choice of sprinkles, sugar, cocoa or chopped nuts.
- Carefully arrange on a plate and cover loosely and chill for at least 1 hour.
- Keep refrigerated and enjoy with your sweetheart!
GRAND MARNIER750ML 80 Proof Cordials
MOSSY LEDGE COCONUT750ML 40 Proof Cordials
CHAMBORD LIQUEUR375ML 33 Proof Cordials
FOUR ROSES BOURBON1.75L 80 Proof Bourbon