Serves 4, 1hr 15 minutes
2 lbs Pork Tenderloin, trimmed
2 Apples (Honeycrisp or Empire), diced
¼ c. Unsalted Butter
2 tbs. Five Spice Seasoning
1 Lime, zested and juiced
1 c. Cilantro, finely chopped
½ c. Bourbon
2 large Sweet Potatoes, washed
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Place whole sweet potatoes on a rimmed baking sheet. Roast for 1 hour, or until soft.
- While the potatoes are roasting, turn on your broiler and season the pork tenderloin all over with the five-spice seasoning plus salt. Place the pork on another rimmed baking sheet and broil for 18 minutes, turning over halfway through so each side gets nice and crispy. Remove from oven and set aside to rest.
- In a medium sauté pan set over medium, add butter. Let butter brown, then add bourbon and cook for another 2 minutes. Set 3 tbs. of your bourbon brown butter aside, keeping the rest in the pan.
- Next add the apples, lime juice, lime zest, and the cilantro to the sauté pan, seasoning to taste with salt. Cook the apple compote, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes.
- Once the sweet potatoes are done and cooled slightly, scoop the sweet potato flesh into a bowl and add the 3 tbs. of reserved bourbon brown butter. Mash it all together so everything’s creamy and well combined.
- Slice the tenderloin about ¼ inch thick. Add the sweet mashed potatoes to a platter and top with the tenderloin and apple compote. Sprinkle cilantro, lime zest, and salt on top. Enjoy!
If you choose to drink alcohol, Maine Spirits asks that you drink responsibly.
If you think you have a drinking problem, you should seek professional help.Learn More