These delicious cocktails for everything from aprés ski to aprés shoveling the driveway pair perfectly with this warm, atmospheric playlist and cold winter nights in front of the fire.
- 1.5 OUNCE
- 1 oz. Frangelico
- 6 oz. Fresh brewed coffee
- 1 oz. heavy cream
- 1 tsp. Sugar
- Whipped cream
- Caramel sauce
- Dark chocolate shavings
- In a footed Irish coffee cup, combine hot coffee and sugar; stir to dissolve sugar.
- Add Tullamore Dew Irish whiskey, Frangelico and heavy cream; stir.
- Top with whipped cream, a drizzle of caramel sauce and grated dark chocolate shavings.
- 2 OUNCE
- 6 Jalapeño peppers
- 1 tbsp. Agave nectar
- 3 oz. Fresh pink grapefruit juice
- Lime wheels
- The day before: Place 5 sliced, fresh jalapeño peppers in 750 ml. bottle of Hornitos Plata Tequila.
- The day of: In a shaker, combine jalapeño-infused Hornitos Plata Tequila, agave nectar and fresh pink grapefruit juice; add ice and shake until chilled.
- Combine equal parts salt and sugar on a plate and blend.
- Moisten the rim of a highball glass with a lime wedge and roll it in salt and sugar mixture.
- Once rimmed, fill glass with ice and 2-3 lime wheels and strain cocktail into it.
- Garnish with a sliver of jalapeño and a wide slice of grapefruit peel.
- 1 OUNCE
- 1 OUNCE Save $5
- 1 tbsp. Honey
- Angostura bitters
- Juice of one lemon
- Lemon wheel
- Whole cloves
- Cinnamon stick
- Mix honey, Maker’s Mark, Fireball, 8 dashes of bitters and lemon juice in large glass mug.
- Fill mug nearly to top with freshly boiled water and stir to mix ingredients.
- Add one cinnamon stick to the mug and garnish with a lemon wheel studded with cloves.
MEET YOUR MIX MASTER
Peter McLaughlin is a Portland-based drummer, producer, and organizer, heading up the music program at SPACE Gallery, serving as artistic director of the Waking Windows Portland festival, and curating releases through his own label, Pretty Purgatory records.
Over the last decade, he's collaborated with a diverse mix of music-makers such as Elliott Schwartz, Lina Tullgren, Tatsuya Nakatani, Names Divine, Matthew Shipp, Jacob Augustine, Lisa/Liza, Lady Lamb, Wesley Hartley, Yairms, and The Casco Bay Tummlers, in addition to co-leading the bands Woodpainting, Family Planning, and The Milkman's Union. He's played over 600 shows spanning 34 states, 12 countries, and 3 continents. He has an award-winning beard. His favorite color is purple. He knows that the best restaurant in Portland is Flores.