Fresh beats. Fresh flavors. Freshwater. The next time you head up to camp, crank the fun up to 11 with these pop hits and fizzy favorites that give the illusion of sophistication and encourage your crew to let loose and make the most of summer.
CAMP & COLA
- 1.5 OZ.
- LIME FOR GARNISH
- Pour whiskey over a glass with ice
- Top with cola and garnish with a lime
- Enjoy immediately
CRANBERRY VODKA GIMLET
- 3 OZ.
- UNSWEETENED CRANBERRY JUICE (or Cranberry Juice Cocktail if you prefer a sweeter taste)
- 1 OZ. FRESH LIME JUICE
- 1 OZ. SIMPLE SYRUP
- WHOLE CRANBERRIES (fresh or frozen), FOR GARNISH
- Fill cocktail shaker with ice, vodka, cranberry juice, lime and simple syrup
- Shake until mixed and cold; strain into martini glass
- Garnish with whole cranberries
ROSEMARY RUM MIXER
- 2 CUPS
- 4 TANGERINES, CUT IN HALF
- FRESH ROSEMARY, ABOUT 16 SPRIGS
- Start grill
- Pour a thin layer of sugar onto small side plate and dip the cut sides of the tangerines into the sugar
- Place cast-iron skillet on heated grill and add 8 sprigs of rosemary; add sugared tangerine, cut side down
- Cook until sugar becomes caramelized, 2-3 minutes; remove and let cool
- Quarter the tangerines and place in a pitcher with 2 Tbsp. of sugar and muddle; discard cooked rosemary
- Add rum and enough ice to fill pitcher; stir until chilled and serve with fresh rosemary garnish
MEET YOUR MIX MASTER
Sometimes known as "The Nunz," Holly Nunan is a musician and on-air radio personality from Portland with an unabashed love for this state and its music scene. She can be found around town at local shows or even performing with any variety of local acts. Holly loves a good taco, George Harrison, and stupid cat videos.